See the Incredible Lineup for Our STEAM Fair on Sunday 10/25
First, a big “Thank You” to everyone who volunteered to help make the Port Washington Public Library STEAM Fair a fantastic event!
We’ve finalized our incredible lineup for Sunday 10/25 (from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.). Children and their families will experience the amazing, fun, and powerful world of science, technology, engineering, art, and math with:
- Teq who will demonstrate the phenomenal, programmable NAO Robot!
- 3D Printing EDU who will demonstrate the applications of 3D printing.
- Carl Mehling from the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) who will bring fossils to see and touch. Also, bring anything you think might be a fossil and he’ll identify it for you (like Antique Roadshow for paleontology!)
- Lou Sorkin from the AMNH who will bring his little friends – Manduca caterpillars, black widow spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, and more as well as some incredible preserved specimens.
- Tom Barry from the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum who will demonstrate what happens in the vacuum of space.
- Bricks for Kidz who will work with families on building motorized Lego creations as well as using motorized systems for spin art and crinkling paper.
- The Riverhead Foundation who will bring whale baleen, sea turtle shells, other aquatic artifacts, activities, and displays to teach families about marine life conservation.
- John Kubin from Farmingdale State College who will help families extract DNA from fruit.
- The Science Museum of Long Island who will bring live animals, chemical reactions to test, and engineering projects.
- Grassroots Environmental who will have activities on composting and renewable energy.
Plus, we’ll have a free raffle for 2 sets of deluxe tickets for 6 people to the AMNH. Everyone gets a chance to win just for coming!
As a KNE Newsletter subscriber, we wanted you to be the first to hear all of these details! Please feel free to share this with anyone you know who would want to join in the fun.
We hope to see you there!